Pain Management Community
pain in my back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

pain in my back

Could some one be kind enough to explain me the cause that i feel a pain near to my lung. Could it be related to lung cancer.? I feel a burning in my back, but i don't wheez or spit blood at all; Its just pain in one side of my back that i feel the burning. Some one please post a comment that can be helpful, which tells what could this pain be related with, or whom should i see. Thanks
hello DSD313; Welcome to Med Help.

As far as you worring about lung cancer, you cannot feel lung cancer. Believe it or not, The most likely cause for the pain you are experiencing might be due to a muscle. The body has many muscles in that area. I would be concerned about an upper respitory infection. That can cause the kind of pain you are having. This has happened to me at one time. I thought I was having a heart attack and it turned out to be an infection,. The Doc told me that there are many muscles in the area that can be very painful when an infection sets in. With that said, I would make an appt. to see your PCP. I hope you feel better soon. Take care,
Mollyrae
Do you smoke? I ask because when one smokes they can have these kinds of pain. Also as you were told it could be an infection. Have you seen the Dr about this?
These symptoms can also be a warning of heart trouble so in my opinion it is a very good idea to see your Dr as soon as possible.
I am wondering why you believe you have lung cancer. Is there anyone in your family that does have it?
If our having thee pains often and they are severe go to the ER to rule out heart complications. It is always best to be safe with your health.
Nothing is more important than our health.
Hello DSD,

Welcome to MedHelp. I'm glad you are here. I hear the fear in your post. I bet you smoke or did smoke, so did I. I am sorry you are having pain.

My step-father passed on a few years ago with lung cancer. He did not have pain but he did have a horrendous cough. A former co-worker of mine was also recently diagnosed with lung cancer, she had no pain either.

I think Sandee and Mollyrae offered you some good advice. Don't be afraid to have this pain evaluated. There are a multitude of conditions that could cause your pain.  As they suggested it could be an infection, cardiac, muscle, inflammation, pleurisy, the list is long. Please ease your mind and go in for a chest x-ray. And than have follow up to determine just what is causing your pain.

Best of luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing. And take care, Tuck