Pain Management Community
pain left rib area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

pain left rib area

i am 27 yrs old..i have been having a weird pain in my left rib area. but it seems to wrap around my left side back. i feel it when i move around. I had pluerisy in june 08 and i have had this feeling since then..what is it??
Hello Kim,

I am sorry you are still having pain following a bout of pleurisy. It has been some time and it would seem that this should be cleared by now. As you may have been told it may take up to a year post pleurisy before you return to "normal." Have you returned to the diagnosing physician recently" If not I encourage you to do so.

Your rib pain may be unrelated at this point to your June diagnosis but it certainly requires some investigation. A Lung VQ or CT scan may be helpful in detecting or ruling out any disease or condition in your lungs. You can than move on the other possibilities or causes of this rib pain.

Best of luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing. We will watch for future updates. Take Care, Tuck