painful big toe
i have been having major pain in the big toe of my left foot. i can't even wear closed toed shoes, or the pain and cramping is intense. please if you would, tell me what you think could be wrong, or if there is anything i can take when the pain gets too bad.
Hello Patches,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry to hear about your toe pain.

Is the toe red, warm and swollen? Does it look any different than the right great toe? A description of the toe would be helpful. If it is reddened, swollen or warm it could be gout or an insect bite or a cellulitis which is a diffused infection.

If the toe appears normal there are also many things that could be causing your symptoms. It could be a sprain or strain even though you may not remember the injury. It could be a bit of dehydration or a vitamin deficiency. I could be referred pain. It's so difficult to give you better answers and I apologize that I cannot be more specific.

If it continues I would certainly seek a medical opinion. Pain is never any fun. Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates.

Take Care,
Tuck