Pain Management Community
palm swollen & pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

palm swollen & pain

i have my left palm's fingers swollen and there is also pain in the fingers.
my blood report shows uric acid on the higher level.i am taking homeopathic medicine but of no use.this is since last two weeks ...please suggest.
Hi gudia and welcome to the Pain Forum.

My suggestion in your case is to get to a Doctor. If your blood values are not right then you might need to see a Hematologist. This is a Doctor that specializes in blood and is much more knowlagable than a regular Physician when it comes to blood tests that are suspicious.

When there is something wrong with your blood values then this means that something is going on in your body.

Please don't wait. You could have something serious going on. Have it checked out.

Please take care.
Mollyrae
Hell Gudia,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry that you are having pain.

Usually elevated Uric Acid levels are indicative of gout. You symptoms would also lead one to beleive that this may be the case. Ppl can suffer from his condition is any of their joints with the most usual being the lower extremities, ankle, big toe, etc.

There are some effective medications on the market such as Allopurinol that treat hyperuricemia (excess uric acid in blood plasma) and its complications, including chronic gout. No one likes to take medications but sometimes it is necessary to avoid serious complications. Excessive uric acid can destroy joints.

Mollyrae made a good suggestion, see your PCP. Develop a plan to treat your condition. Avoid foods that are high in purine though I know this can be difficult to do. Best of luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
Tuck