Pain Management Community
patient abbandonment
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

patient abbandonment

how long can a pain clinic drag theyre feet on giving me my med records
Related Discussions
82861_tn?1333457511
Some offices are just horrible about records requests.  I believe each State has different rules governing release of records and each office has a slightly different policy.  Some offices jump right on sending records to another doctor but drag their feet when the patient wants them for his own records.  HIPPA laws being what they are, they also need a signed release from you if you want them sent to anyone other than yourself - including other doctors.

It always pays to play nice at first.  Put your request in writing and offer to pay a copying fee and postage if necessary.  You want to give them a reasonable amount of time to get it done so suggest a deadline of 3 or 4 weeks.

Things like treatment plans, test results, surgical reports, records of prescribed meds, etc., legally belong to you.  Any physician notes belong to the doctor.  That is established case law.  Hope this helps a bit.  I know how frustrating it can be.  Been there done that too many times!  :-)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...