Pain Management Community
pharmacy job when filling prescription

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

pharmacy job when filling prescription

my pharmacist informed my doctor i get pain medicine from different doctor  they are not pain doctors now my pain doctor refuse to see me is this normal for a pharmaccist to do.
Yes, it's very normal, you should never get pain meds from more than one doctor. Weather you did this on purpose or not, its things like this that make it hard on legitimate people in pain to get the meds they need to live a somewhat normal life.
I believe in some states it is required by law that the pharmacist report anything unusual. I am only assuming that the pain dr and your gp did not know about one another and that is what caused you to be refused further treatment. Try seeing if your gp will set you up with a pain management dr. Best wishes, Sissie
Yes, this is a RED flag called doctor shopping.  People that intentionally doctor shop to get multiple prescriptions for pain meds try to get around being flagged by going to different pharmacies; however, states are starting to go high tech, with the use of a common data base.  The DEA is starting to really tighten up on the dispensing of pain medications (on doctors, especially pain doctors, and pharmacies) because of things like this.
Hello there! My doctor recently had me sign a contract with her stating that I would not use any other pharmacies or see any other doctors unless she is referring me to them for specialty treatment. It is also common in Michigan that physicians can call a patient into the office for a pill count or a urine test. I have heard that the DEA is enforcing strict regulation of controlled substances. Trixie
You got that right Trixy.  People are doing this and then selling their prescriptions and now, people who are in leginimate pain, who cannot work or function without having help with pain, cannot get them anymore.  I hope this person isn't looking for sympathy.  Thank God the pharmacist did call your doctor - you are also looking at potential overdose.  
People doctor shopping may well be selling medications, but they may be addicts also. Either way it's a "black eye" for legitimate pain patients. Prescription monitoring has been very effective in stopping "doctor shopping" at least. I don't mean to say that addicts are bad people. They are just people with a terrible disease called addiction, that's all. The "black eye" comment refers to the problems this causes "normal" patients in getting proper pain medications at proper dosages etc.
                                        shinty
it is very common for a pain Dr to have you sign a pain contract and to count your pills and give you urin tests in my state it is required by law good luck