positive for THC
I live in Oregon and deal with chronic pain from MS and Deteriorating bone disease.  I have NEVER tested positive before until my last visit and just like that it was done!!  NO meds for me... pain or not just NOTHING!!  I was honest, in thinking that it had to be a contact high since people around me have been smoking!!  I had made the request NOT to and than on two separate occasions right in a row walked into a room filled with smoke!!  NOT only that but I have been trying to change my diet and added several different seeds, etc., that now I have seen can cause a "false" positive test.  Is there a specific time frame they withhold prescribing pain meds once there is a neg test or is that just it and you are left to just deal with it?!  I am so upset after all these years and NEVER once any problem and he would NOT even listen or try to be somewhat informational about what was going on or to happen!!
Change Doctors asap! And don't people in oregon who are in pain get a marijuana card and also pain meds?  I would check and if so go get a card. It will be easy with your history.   Hope it works for you but really----i think you need a dr. who listens to you and is not your boss but a partner in your treatment.  ok-----go do it!
omhome
Thanks for the suggestion, totally agree!!  I do NOT like the marijuana thing to begin, just NOT for me.  I have NOTHING against those we need it and use... in "moderation".  Anyone that truely knows me knows this about me.  NEVER have I failed a test or miss used my scripts, etc., EVER!  After all these years and he would NOT even listen to me... after I waited OVER 2 hrs for my freaking apt!!  Changing Doctors is what I am doing!!  Just NOT that easy for some odd reason, having to wait 2 wks just to get into to see someone.  Major frustration... my concern is that this Doctor may NOT listen to my either now that I have this neg on my record :( Its been pretty miserable, but I WILL get through it and appreciate your suggestion... thank YOU!
Just FYI, it takes up to 2 pounds of poppy seeds to cause a positive opiate result. Second hand smoke is not enough to cause a positive THC level. The only way to keep you PM is to be COMPLETELY HONEST. I am not trying to be mean at all, I just see so many people not being honest and expecting to get help. I know how bad pain can get I had birth defect and suffer also. Our privilege to have access to pain treatment is going to be taken away forever if everyone does not start being honest about what they are doing. The reason is this, if the doctor feels like you are lying about smoking a little pot he will then wonder what else is this patient lying about. Everyone makes mistakes and the doctors know that. It is the problem of not being HONEST that is causing the main problem. The doctor is now taking a risk to prescribe pain medication, the least us patients can do is be honest. Now when you go to a new pain doctor your records will follow. I think it is in your very best interest to be honest. The doctor will respect you more and will also maybe believe what you say. The reason I say this is because I get tested every 3 months for the last 5 years. I have never had a test come back with thc or negative.for the meds I take. I also am going to take the added precaution of requesting a blood test. That way I won't get the weird problems sometimes caused by urine tests. The medical system is different now. The easy days of getting medical help when we need it are gone forever. We all have to be almost perfect to get pain management anymore. I made the mistake of just moving to another state and the new PM doctor treated me bad and changed my medicine. I was instantly thrown into intractable pain because of him, I did nothing wrong. I went to another doctor, but I had 3 months of terrible pain. The system is a mess, the pain patients are being attacked. This is why everyone has to be more honest now.