problems with Targin
I have Crohns Disease & an Ileostomy (large intestine totally removed) . After failed neck fusion,  I was prescribed slow release Oxycontin.   6 yrs later after lots of hassles, I finally found out that Oxycontin is absorbed in the large intestine.In desperation for pain relief ( with my Dr's approval) I started chewing them.  I currently take 6 x 20mg tabs per day.  1 every 4 hrs.
They just changed the formula & now they change to s gluggy gel when they get wet.  This hsd been causing me some problems,  so my GP prescribed me Targin.
I took the 1st one the same as I would sn Oxy. It was horrible! Sweats, my back started to spasm & I felt really awful
Does anyone know if Targin is absorbed at all in the small intestine?  Then I could swallow them whole & reduce the dosage.
I'll be grateful for any help.  I'm desperate.
I was told that Targin could not be crushed it has to be taken as a whole pill
Sorry I'm new here so I didn't notice the date of your post
It's okay that you responded in an old post - thanks for catching it. All input is welcome - though as you surmised the original poster will most likely not see your response.

I hope you'll be active on MH - and any forum that you prefer. Our Pain Management welcomes you. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Regards,
~Tuck