problems with pain pump
i have a medtronic pain pump. it currently has dilaudid in it i have had it a year with ine revision already at 4 months due to scar tissue blocking the catheter from woking. now i am have trouble with the pump giving me my bolus. when i do sometimes it wont let me have one saying its not time. even though i have not done one for hours. or i have not even had it on my person. i go to the dr soon. its the soonest i can get in to them.. has anyone had this problem and what can it be/
Hi Melly,

Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with the Pain Pump. Our archives contain similar stories to yours.

I do not have a Pump and after all I have heard I don't think I would want one. So I cannot offer you any first hand information. Sorry.

I am glad you will be consulting your physician soon. If you are not obtaining any pain relief from the pump you may want to request a sooner appt or if it becomes extreme consider consulting an ER Physician.

I don't recall any of our current active members that are have a Pain Pump but if so I hope they will respond. Please let us know how you are doing.Best of luck to you.

Peace,
~Tuck