Pain Management Community
prolapse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

prolapse

I had a prolapse disc operation in december and it has now prolapsed again, I also have 3 degenerative discs.  I am in pain around my hips and get very stiff when sitting and lying down but not like the pain before the operation.  I am able to cope at the moment but I am aware that it may get worse.  I have seen a osteopath and chiropator before with not much success.  I am doing rehab pilates to strengthen my core.  Any suggestions for supplements I can take or other holistic treatments.
I do not know right off of any supplements but I will research it and ask a friend who is a doctor too.
Hi Louise,

I am glad that you found us at the MedHelp Pain Management Community. But I am sorry to hear bout your spine pain.

I see and am treated by a Doctor of Osteopathy(D.O.) also. If it were not for her "magic" hands I doubt I would be walking or functioning today. She is not the first .D.O I have seen, through the other two were very kind and performed manipulations they did not provide me with the relief/results that my current D.O. does. So I would suggest that you might try another D.O.

Have you tried acupuncture? It is helpful for some patients. I take Vit C, D and calcium for bone and general health as well as to help in my pain managment.

Good luck to you. I am hopeful any surgery needed will be far in the future. Please let us know how you are doing. And as always, Take Care, Tuck