Pain Management Community
pulled chest muscle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

pulled chest muscle

i suffer alot form chest pain on the left habd side and my doctor says i pulled a chest muscle it feels like im gunna have a heart attack and i am very tired and dizzy aswell and week with it my bloods came bak ok this is really gettin me down!
Blood Work does not always show heat complications. Did your doctor do any other kind of test such as an EKG?
A pulled chest muscle is very painful though and pain causes one to be tired. I would however ask for some additional test. How long has it been since you have had the onset of this?
omg!!!! i have the same thing. i feel out of it, somewhat confused, and as if i am going to pass out. i just think about the pain all the time and its been like 3 months or more and i stress about the fact that i think im going to have a heart attack., im only 19 and i try to tell my mom my symptoms and she just doesn't believe that im in such pain. its gotten to the point where she thinks i have anxiety attacks about the pain. what is wrong with me? i feel like im doing. i actually had a blood test like 2 months ago and it found that i was slightly amenic, which i thought was the problem but the pain still won't leave. i just want to be a normal 19 year old again. i worry about these issues all the time and it's really affecting my life.  
Hi Cloxxoxx,

I am so sorry that you are experiencing undiagnosed chest pain. It can be very frightening and stressful. I can empathize with you.

Sandee is correct, Blood tests for cardiac issues are performed to check the level of certain enzymes called cardiac enzymes. These elevate during and after an MI (Heart Attack or Myocardial Infarct). The elevation of these enzymes occur when their is damage or death of your heart muscle. They do not reveal other heart abnormalities but are the gold standard for determining if you have experienced an MI.

A "pulled muscle" can be very painful. It is a term that we think means a simple injury, not so. It is actually occurs when a muscle becomes overstretched and tears. This painful injury is too often called a "pulled muscle." and taken lightly. It takes time to heal and the process can be long.

If you are concerned it is more than this you can and should request further testing. A CT or a Ultrasound can be effective tools in diagnosing.

Are you being given medication to control your pain? If not I would request something. Please talk to your PCP about your pain and concern. I wish you the very best and hope that you will let us know how you are doing. We will look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Take Care,
~Tuck

I want to let you know if could be Pleurisy.  Pleurisy is an inflammation of the chest wall (I think) and it causes EXTREME pain.  Does it hurt when you breathe?  Please go in and ee your doctor as soon as possible.
Dah!!!   Sorry that I did not note that the original post is from July 2009!

Please Jn922 begin a new thread and tell us about your symptoms. We will respond.

Peace,
~Tuck