Pain Management Community
right armpit pain radiating into breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

right armpit pain radiating into breast

I am 40 yrs old & for about 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing sharp on & off pain under my right armpit towards the side of my right breast. It is very painful for about 10-30 minutes, goes away, then comes back sometimes immediately, sometimes hours later. I did not do anything to hurt myself in a muscular way, It is definitely not a muscular type of pain, and sometimes radiates into my shoulder and down my arm. I don't have insurance, so I don't want to go to the dr. unless I get some sort of feedback that it is quite necessary. Please, any advise would be appreciated as no over the counter meds (Advil, Tylenol or topical creams) have done any good to rid me of the pain.  Thank you in advance.
Hello and Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum.

I understand your reluctance to seek medical care without insurance. I really hope you will try to change that and obtain some type of medical insurance.

Your pain could be related to several things and it's impossible to guess. If it has been three weeks it's time to consult your PCP. If you haven't one look into free clinics or those that will treat you on your ability to pay. I know nothing about you or where you live but in my home state you can obtain a voucher from the social services office to have a specific medical condition evaluated. I encourage you to check into what may be available in your state.

It sounds like you have tried all the usually OTC remedies. You may also want to talk to your local pharmacist and ask for recommendations. We often over look their expertise.

Best of luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing.

Peace,
~Tuck
i have the same problem pain under the right arm and front right breast area also a certain point in the back next to thwe right shoulder blade. had xray and a mri etc etc no results.My conclusion is that it is from the meds i am using.It is hard to sleep and it keeps you awake and walk the floor.HGB
I have the same problem - i woke up with the pain 5 days ago and also woke up with a cold - i thought the pain was from sleeping on the couch - 4 days later i was putting on deodorant in front of the mirros and noticed a lump under the skin above the armpit - i am thinking this maybe lymph nodes, very painful in arm, underarm and all around to middle of back by shoulder  blade - all on left side - taking aleve and/or tylenol don't even touch or help the pain - what was your outcome? hope you can shed some light for me.