Pain Management Community
right foot and lower leg pain ONLY while driving

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

pain over right anterior lower leg, belowe the knee, and around upper foot only when driving.
not reproducable with walking, exercise or ANY other activity.
I also have this type of pain that is only reproducable while I am driving or in a similar sitting position. The reason for this is that it stretches the nerve that runs down the back of your leg called the Sciatic nerve. Sounds like you could be dealing with some kind of nerve pain, possibly nerve entrapment, or by laymans term-also called "pinched nerve". There could be a nerve root problem that causes the nerve to be aggravated when it is stretched. There are some exercises and stretches that a physical therapist can show you that can really help.
Have you been to a doctor to discuss your symptoms?
Hi Sharon,

Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post.... but sorry to hear about your pain.

Pain that runs down the back of your leg can be caused by your sciatic nerve. It usually originates in the low gluteal area and extends down the back of the thigh and sometimes into to the lower leg. Certain positions can produce the pain while others do not. It can also be related to tight and weakness in the lower extremity muscles.

However the term "sciatica" is sometimes catch all for any pain that affects this area. There are multiple other conditions, nerve entrapment's that affecting the lower extremities that produce the sciatic like pain. Some of those conditions include, Piriformis, Psoas, Hamstring Syndromes, Back Pocket Sciatica and Pseudo-Sciatica. My psoas ligament is near non-existent and causes very similar pain to what you describe as does my SIJD (Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction).

So as you can see between Audrea and myself there are different conditions producing very similar pain. I suggest that you consult your PCP before the condition/pain becomes more pronounced and your condition progresses. Early diagnosis and treatment can be so beneficial the overall outcome and/or prognoses.

I hope you will let us know what you discover. I will look forward to hearing from you again soon. Please feel free to be active in our community. We all gain support and learn from one another.

Peace,
~Tuck