rotator cuff surgery
Hi i had rototor cuff surgery andacromioplasty follwing a car accident i had this done 4dec 2008 since then i no longer feel my little finger and the one next to it. my wrist and forarm go numb i also have a burning feeling under my arm and at the back of my shoulder i saw my specilist today he gave me a script for catapres-tts-2 and said in three weeks he would make a apointment for me to see a anesthesologist i was wondering why and what for he never explained i thank you for your advice julz
Well...Maddy I am your guy. I have had ten rotator cuff surgeries and am heading into number eleven shortly.

Your doctor suspects nerve damage because during your repair nerves have to be severed to repiair your injury. In a perfect world they heal over time. Sometimes they don't.                                               .

You are most likely go to be sent for a test called an EMG. This test is done to check for nerve damage. I have had several of them and will be having another on my right shoulder on May 11th. However mine have always been done by a neurologist. It is not very complicated so I guess different specialists do them.

I have pain radiating down my arm and into and into my pinky finger. If nerve damage is found during my EMG the Orthopedic Surgeon has to be aware of it so that he can attempt to work around it during my next surgery.

Based on my experience this is most likely the reason he is sending you to this doctor.

Good Luck
Thankyou  for replying so fast i have been quite worried at least i now have something to look up on and a idear thankz for your reply maddy
Since you've had rotator cuff surgery so many times, I want to ask you about my problems.  I had surgery for a torn rotator cuff on December 28.  About 3 weeks into my recover (which was going really well), I started getting sharp stabbing pains in my bicep and sometimes tricep when I move certain ways.  Also, every night I wake up with the bicep and sometimes tricep aching (like a giant toothache).  In addition, I have had swelling above my clavicle which will not go away, despite being on a prescription anti-inflammatory for over 6 weeks.  All my doctor says is that he does not understand this and to keep taking the Rx and icing the swelling. Any help?