Pain Management Community
rsd

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

rsd

how do I control or stop the redness and swelling in my foot and ankles
The way i ended up controlling my redness and swelling in my arms and hands was by getting an implant!! can i ask do u have a pain doc? And if so you should find out about getting a neurostimulator put in!! It saved me!

Sam
Hi Birgy,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear that you have RSD. It is a painful and often difficult condition to treat.

If I understand RSD correctly, the swelling and redness is related to your nerves. I hope you are on medication to treat your symptoms. Have you discussed treatments with your physician? If not please do so.

If your redness and swelling was from an injury I would suggest that you elevated and rest it. That may still be beneficial in your case. First you need to understand what causes the redness and swelling and then find ways to treat it. I am sorry I do not have any great answers for you. Hopefully one of our members can respond with their suggestions.

Please let us know how you are doing and what treatment works for you. We all learn from one another. Best of luck and please keep in touch.

Today, in memory of my father I am signing....
Still Mel's Daughter,
~Tuck