Pain Management Community
scar tissue pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

scar tissue pain

i had three operations on left kidney as infant severe pain in lower left side  from scar other than creams and injections and drugs is there any weay to stop pain
I'm so sorry to hear the pain that you are in.  Nobody should have to put up with that much pain.

Have you talked with your Dr. about having a surgeon remove the scar tissue?  I know that it can come back after it's been removed but in some cases it does stay away.  

Since you've tried so many remedies, that haven't given you very good or lasting results, it might be time to talk to your Dr. about other options.

Again, I'm so sorry that you are having all of these problems and I hope that you feel better quickly.  Hopefully, there will be others along that have had these same problems that will be of more help to you than I've been able to be.

I'll be looking for your updates and I wish you the very best.......Sherry  :)
Hi Carberry,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post. I am very sorry that you have not found pain relief.

Can you share with us what you have tried? Are your Physician's certain that your pain is from adhesions (scar tissue)?

Unfortunately there is little that can be done and no specific cure" for adhesions. It's usually just managing the pain. I have enormous amounts of adhesions/scar tissue. Nerve and blood supply has made my scar tissues a living "thing." Mine is not operable. However as Sherry suggested sometimes surgery can remove some of the adhesions. There are new products that can be inserted/applied during the surgical process to inhibit the return of scar tissue. It's been very effective in some individuals. It may be an option for you. Have you discussed this with a surgeon?

Adhesions can cause their own set of pain issues... pulling, burning, aching, stabbing and so forth. What kind of pain are you experiencing? Have you consulted a PMP? Sometimes nerve blocks can be helpful but your options will best be determined by a good PMP.

I hope you'll keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We are here to offer our support.... we can be a great resourse. I hope you'll be active in our community.

Take Care and Best of Luck,
~Tuck