Pain Management Community
severe head pain during bowel movement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

severe head pain during bowel movement

hi, i have been all the sudden geat a severe head pain like my head is about to explode whilst having a bowel movement, my movements have been soft sometimes even dioreah so im not having to push but as soon as it starts to come out i get a pain in my neck then it shots off all around my head, my attack was so bad yesterday that my son had to call an ambulance to rush me to emergency, i have seen a few doctors and they say its from pushing out the movements but they are not listening when i say im NOT pushing. the pain from yesterdays attack has still not gone  im to scared to go to toilet, can anyone help.
I am so very sorry you are going through this.  I have no idea what could be causing you all this pain.  Have you seen a GI specialist for this issue?  I would keep looking for a doctor until you find out what is going on.  I wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry I'm not any help.  Please keep us updated.
I agree with Running Mom.  Sometimes it's hard to get doctor's to listen to the whole story.  A GI doctor might be able to help, but you probably should start with your primary care doctor.  He or she would know which specialist is most likely to help you.  You don't say how old you are.  Sometimes middle-aged to older people have blood pressure issues when they're going to the bathroom and can have lightheadedness, headache, etc.  This doesn't sound exactly like what you're experiencing but it could be along the same lines.

You'll find a lot of support here amongst the chronic pain patients.  No doctors here but at least you can post and get some support while you're awaiting diagnosis.

How long has this been going on?
I remember seeing some type of colonic chart explain which areas of the bowels are related to the rest of the body.  It's possible that you have a polyp or obstruction and it triggers the nerves in the head and neck.  (I think it may be reflexology, the way the foot is related to the rest of the body.)  It may be helpful to consult and alternative medicine specialist or reflexologist, or colonics center.  They may be able to give you an idea of what's going on and refer you to the right type of doctor to help with the problem, as well.  
Although, it could be something altogether different.  I am not at all an expert in these things.
thankyou  all for your support i had blood tests an a ct scan today which came back clear, im returning to my doctor in the morning as i had another attack today and i can not cope anymore he said he wiil try me on migraine medication and although its a long term thing i hope its the answer as i cant do this pain any longer i have 3 chidren under 6 and they are really scared now when i have to go to the bathroom so its affecting my whole family and im at my wits end! i will keep u all updated xxxxxx
Hi Carla:  I am very glad that you are being treated.  I do hope this is the answer for you.  Be sure to come back to let us know how you're doing.  And please join in any of our discussions.  I'm sure you can bring a great deal to our forum.  And welcome.

Sara