Pain Management Community
sharp pain in lower bicep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

sharp pain in lower bicep

Ok about a week ago  i had a very sharp  pain in my tricep,it felt as if i tore it.So i decided to take it easy, about a week
went bye and it began to feel much better,but then soon after my bicep started to feel the same way only worse.I now
have a tingly sensation in my lower bicep just a bit left of my elbow,and if i extend my arm to far or move it wrong i
get a very intense sharp pain. When i touch my arm i can feel everything except that 1 spot its numb where the pain is.i still have control of my arm and can move it around it just hurts like hell unless i  keep my hand in the air at a 90 degree angle.Any ideas on the problem? and is this somthing i can fix with just rest or should i go to my doctor.
Tags: sharp, Pain, biceps
I would definitely go to the Doctor.  You may have torn a tendon.  Is the pain near the elbow where the insertion of the tendon to the joint is?  Until you can get to the doctor, try icing the area and definitely rest it!