Pain Management Community
sharp pain in my head to my face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

sharp pain in my head to my face

i have this pain that occurs in the right side of my head that shoots down my face.. i have never had this happen to me before it started today and happended twice within 10 minutes from eachother.
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
A clinical examination is must for correct clinical diagnosis. It is possible that you are suffering from trigeminal neuralgia. Other causes could be sinusitis, TMJ disorders etc. In trigeminal neuralgia there is sudden, severe, electric shock-like, or stabbing pain that lasts several seconds. The pain can be felt on the face and around the lips, eyes, nose, scalp, and forehead. Touching the face, brushing or any routine activity can bring about the symptoms. The attacks may be repeated one after another. It is usually diagnosed on the basis of patient’s symptoms. It is best to get evaluated by a doctor. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!