shooting pain at base of head
i have been suffering from these shooting pains in the back of my head , does anyone know what the cause of it is?
Hi Meka,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum at MedHelp. You've asked a good but very broad question. Thank you for posting.

Can you provide us with more information? What makes the pain worse or better? Is it continual?  When did it begin and how long has it been an issue? Can you relate it to an event or an injury? Have you had any imaging done? What type of physician(s) have you seen? Does the pain travel to the top of your head or seem to remain at the base?

Based on the little information you have provided it could be anything from a form of a migraine to a cervical structure problem.  Sorry I cannot be more helpful. If you would like to tell us more we may be able to offer better suggestions.

If this is a sudden acute event you should seek immediate medical attention. If this has been an on going issue and you have not had a clinical elevation I encourage you to do so soon.

Best of luck to you. I hope you will respond with more information and be sure to let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
Tuck