shooting pain in left hand.
Since last night I have had these sharp pains in my left hand when I try to grip something. I can push on a spot where metatarsal of thumb and forefinger meet that is tender. I did not hurt myself that I can recall. It feels like a shock/sharp/ nerve type pain. Kind of aches though afterwards. I cant grip anything of any wieght without it happening. I was washing dishes when it started! Typing is Ok so far. Also no bruise/swelling.
I wanted to add that the more I think about this the more it makes me think it is the same issue I am having with the joint at base of thumbs. They flare up and send shooting pains into my hand as well as just ache. Had Xrays and there was some arthritis present but not much. I also have what I consider to be bursitis in random joints that comes and goes but is painful to press on many bursa or places where large tendons connect like in hip or knee or ball of foot. I also have had a strange really really painful pinky joint (base) that happened two times and I was out of my mind with pain. So maybe this is a new joint flaring lower in thumb or first finger...oh, joy!