shoulder and neck pain
I am a mature student doing accountancy.
I was in a car crash last april and have a right shoulder injury and neck pain. I had 12 weeks of physio after and had my last session in dec. I have been ok since unitl two weeks ago.I have the pain back again. I was studying for my mock exams and doing a lots of writting could this have made it worse? please help! I am worried because i am doing my real exams in may. I am in alot of pain and scared to go to doctor because he might tell me I cann't do my exam. had to repeat first year because of accident.

what should i do
Hello Cockybee,

I am guessing here as I don't know your condition in detail. I think you are correct....the added activity has brought the pain back. However this should not stop you from participating in the exam.

I would consult your physician if the pain is persistent and extreme. You can expect some residual pain following an injury....to what degree only your physician can tell you

Best of luck to you. Please keep in touch and let us know what you discover.

Take Care,
~Tuck
I would go back to your doctor and stay on anti-inflammatory meds.
Thank you for you mail. some days are better than others. taking nurofen plus for the pain. will go to next week if not better. thanks again.

Shoulder and neck is as bad as ever. went to the doctor and got more antiflammatory tablet they were not working so i stopped taking them back on the nurofen plus this helps a little.  
had more physio and had the shoulder taped for three days.today i took the tape off.shoulder and neck very sore.
trying to study for exams and all the writing is not helping.I am right handed.

In so much pain it is hard to sleep.

Please help

Cookybee
I am sorry to hear that you pain has not decreased.

Return to your physician and tell him how extreme that pain has become. Have you had an MRI? Are they able to tell you why you are experiencing the pain? Is it due to spinal issues or shoulder?

Sometimes a burst of oral steroids or steroidal injections can reduce the inflammation and pain. Have they tried either? If not, you may want to discuss this possibility with your physician.

Best of luck and please let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Thanks for your post and have gone back to own doctor and having steroid injection on monday so that i can do my exams.

I went for a mri last september and they didn't find anything. had a steroid injection last september. this was a great help.

I am hoping that another one will help.

I will let you know how it goes.

Cookybee