Pain Management Community
shoulder pain 2 years after slap surgury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have had slap surgury on my right shoulder (feb 8 2011) for a torn labrum almost 2 years ago and now i am having pain when i lift my right arm up and move it forward in a circle motion and when i strecth that shoulder the pain feels like it is in the joint and binds basicly by tightness and i also was wrestling how i tore my labrum and i wrestled last year but it didnt do this i have a feeling the anchor or stiches came out/ undone. thanks for replying with an answer if you do.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But it is difficult to predict what exactly is the cause for the pain without an examination and imaging studies. Please have yourself evaluated for the same. In the meantime, Avoid those movements or exercises that aggravate your pain. Try not to lift weights or bend as this can worsen your symptoms. Try applying local analgesic creams. Place ice over the painful area every 1-2 hrs for pain relief. Take OTC pain medications like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen. Ensure to take them after food.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.