Pain Management Community
soft tissue injury in foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

soft tissue injury in foot

Two weeks ago I was climbing in my garage, yes stupid, I have learned!  Trying to retrieve a storage tote, I slipped things started tumbling , I twisted, bang and boomed.  Went to urgent care took Xrays nothing broken, wrapped it with an ACE bandage , said I would be good to go in 3 to 4 days....Made a follow up with my primary care doctor one week later, still could not bear weight.  My doctor splinted me and said follow up in 2 weeks...Tomorrow will only be one week and I am still in pain, my foot is swollen, the splint has given me additional bruises all along the sides of my foot, it is warm to the touch.  I can put my heal down to stabalize myself but still cannot walk on it (whole foot)  If I use one crutch I can scuffle around on my heal.  Question is can having Multiple sclerosis PROLONG the healing process....It serious feels like Nerve damage in my foot....frustrated!  Calling tomorrow to see if I can get a referal to an orthopedist because I feel like nothing is progressing thank you
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? How is your foot? Were you able to see your doctor? It is good to know that the initial x-rays showed no fracture. However, if pain is persistent despite pain reliever, it is highly recommended that you follow-up with your doctor for proper management. Your medical history including that of multiple sclerosis can be  a factor in the healing process and should also be considered. Take care and do keep us posted.