Pain Management Community
soft tissue injury in foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

soft tissue injury in foot

Two weeks ago I was climbing in my garage, yes stupid, I have learned!  Trying to retrieve a storage tote, I slipped things started tumbling , I twisted, bang and boomed.  Went to urgent care took Xrays nothing broken, wrapped it with an ACE bandage , said I would be good to go in 3 to 4 days....Made a follow up with my primary care doctor one week later, still could not bear weight.  My doctor splinted me and said follow up in 2 weeks...Tomorrow will only be one week and I am still in pain, my foot is swollen, the splint has given me additional bruises all along the sides of my foot, it is warm to the touch.  I can put my heal down to stabalize myself but still cannot walk on it (whole foot)  If I use one crutch I can scuffle around on my heal.  Question is can having Multiple sclerosis PROLONG the healing process....It serious feels like Nerve damage in my foot....frustrated!  Calling tomorrow to see if I can get a referal to an orthopedist because I feel like nothing is progressing thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
As mentioned in the other posts, if the pain and swelling persists, it is important that you inform your doctor about this for proper evaluation. Autoimmune conditions such as MS may be contributory in the delayed healing but not necessarily mean it is responsible. Additional test may also be indicated.  Take care and regards.