Pain Management Community
stomach back and chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

stomach back and chest pain

i'm 17 years old, and for the past while i've been experiencing either dull to sharp pains everywhere in my stomach and my back. its not in just one particular spot, its all over, they range from very dull to very sharp, sometimes it will go into my chest too. could there be something serious wrong with me? or does anyone know why i may be having all of these pains? i am 5'1, about 105 pounds, and my medical history is rsv virous and kidney infections.
has there been any improvement since June?
It could be growing pains. Have you felt cramping during exercise? That could be the cause of it, most likely a natural cycle. You should confirm  with your doctor why you have the RSV virus, kidney infections and get your answers on how to prevent any future pleasantry's.

Spediddy, Weill Cornell MD
Hello Cherrypie:

Sorry to hear of the discomfort. I would make an appt. with your Doctor. Have you discussed this with a parent? Are you sexually active?? I ask this because some of the sexually transmitted diseases often include abdominal and back pain. If your an active participant, you could contract something and not even be aware of it. It could take months for symptoms.

You might want to consider having some blood work done. This could unmask many things, especially with your Kidneys. If you have had previous Kidney trouble, please stay on top of your symptoms. Kidneys are nothing to fool around with.

Others will post as the day goes on. Please be patient.

Please take care and let us know how your doing....good luck,
Mollyrae
hey, i'm 15 years old and i've been getting these pains. both sharp and dull. they started a few months ago and they were just sharp stabbing pains right under my ribs on the right side of my body. my doctors checked me for gallbladder disease, and i had an MRI and nothing came back unnormal. then they went away for a little with only little pains instead. i went away on a trip for scuba diving and i had an ear ache, i thought it was from the water but after i took the drops, the pain shot down into my neck area too. the next week i found out i had mono. then the pain started coming back and it would hurt to breathe. now, i am pretty much done my mono, but my pain has spread. it's like all over my body now. the other day i had a sharp pain between my shoulder blades and then i also had a sharp pain run down my left arm. my mom just started getting these pains as well and now she is getting a catscan. we both got blood work and nothing came back unnormal. if anyone can help us out, please do. thank you.

Jess.
Hi Jess,
When I was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia the pain was in the middle shoulder blade area and worked around to my arms eventually. I have no idea what may be causing your pain and your Mom's but I would mention fibromyalgia to the doctor and see what they think.
Hi, im 15 too and i also have had pains run from hardly antyhing to sharp all over. Mostly my stomach area and in my back and chest area. There are pains every once in while while breathing, but i though this was from a an inward ribcage i have. I'm really scared, the pains come randomly. too scared of outcome to go to doctor. helpp