Pain Management Community
strange headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

strange headache

i have had a  headache behind my right ear  for two days  should i be  concerned
Sissy:

Like I said in the previous post, It may be sinus related. If your really concerned about the headache, please make an appt. with your Doctor. He is the one to diagnose you.

There is nobody in the Pain Forum that can diagnose you.

Thanks,
Molly
Hello Sissy,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to ear about the pain behind your ear. I am not a physician. I am only offering some personal opinions and suggestions.

The following is info is that is usually consider guidelines for Headaches:
A patient should seek medical care if their headache is:
The "worst headache of your life"
Different than your usual headaches
Starts suddenly or is aggravated by exertion, coughing, bending over, or sexual activity
Associated with persistent nausea and vomiting or fever, stiff neck or seizures.
Associated with recent head trauma or a fall or you experiences changes in your vision, speech or behavior.
Associated with weakness or change in sensation or not responding to treatment and is getting worse
Requires more than the recommended dose of over-the-counter medications for pain
It is disabling and interfering with work and quality of life

Do you have a headache or do you have pain and throbbing? Sometimes pain behind the ear can be a symptom of mastoiditis which is an infection of the mastoid bone. It can cause redness, warmth, swelling and pain behind the ear and sometimes you can have drainage from the ear.

Mollyrae is correct. It is impossible to diagnosis here. None of of are qualified. You should be seen by your PCP for a clinical evaluation. I am hopeful that you will let us know your progress. We will look forward to your updates.
Peace, Tuck