Pain Management Community
strange symptoms post car accident

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

strange symptoms post car accident

I was rear ended while traveling 55 mph about 6 weeks ago.  Since then I have developed loud ringing in both ears, pressure in my head, fleeting dizzy spells and noise sensitivity.  I also have neck pain and pain in both hands, wrists and forearms.  CT and xrays night of accident were negative.  This is causing moderate impairment in my daily living and I seem to get severly angry since these sx's have progressed.  What is going on?
Sounds like whip-lash, I had it so badio one time I couldn't pick up my head without a pounding headache & had to lay down completely flat for weeks until it passed, it was very inconvenient but they did nothing for it but say to take it easy.  Hope this information helps.
I finally went to a chiropractor who agreed with my research that I have "Post concussion syndrome".  I had never heard of that but it can be triggered by a car accident.  It is basically a mild traumatic brain injury but getting a doctor to diagnos you with this is very difficult because of the anxiety and mood swings that are a part of it.  I am going to insist my doctor take these symptoms seriously because they have had a major impact on my life.    Back to the chiropractor...I was skeptical, but after he manipulated my back and neck (which was painful and sounded like someone jumping up and down on bubble wrap) I had an immediate decrease in the pressure in my head,  The next day I had no dizzyness, nausea, or vomiting.  I have had some increases in the pressure and still have the ringing in the ears etc, but I KNOW I am not going crazy.  It will take time but I can do that since I now know what is going on.  PLUS, my blood pressure is finally back down to normal.  
     I hope anybody reading this with similar problems gets some answers from this.  Lots of research will often get you the answers you need when your doctor fails to validate your symptoms.  Also, WHIPLASH is what happens to your neck during an accident, it is NOT what is wrong with your neck and back, contrary to what Insurance companies want us to think.  The term "Whiplash" has taken on a negative persona, as a malingering way to get money in a settlement.  It is hard to get anyone to take you seriously when you have severe complications to the nerves and muscles in your back and neck from this type injury.  Persvere and don't give up.