surgical defect
My question is that I have had 3 Back surgeries since August last but, it seems that after each surgery the pain hs gotten worse in my left hip area.  So my pain management doc. did another ct/myelogram and when I asked about the report I was told that they couldn't give my the results until I made an appt. So, I went to the hospital where I had the myelogram and got a copy and on it is states that there was a "surgical defect" noted through the left facet and base of the transvers process.  Can anyone help me interpret what that means?  I appreciate any help.
Hi Pickle,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. You are an assertive and smart patient to obtain the medical report form the hospital. I'm sorry your pain has increased.

I am not well versed in the surgical area. If I understand the term correctly it means an area that wasn't completely approximated during the surgery for one reason or another. That would cause a surgical defect. It doesn't necessarily mean an error was made not that this is serious. I would have to hear the conclusion of impression of the repeat to better interpret the report.  

Sorry I cannot be more definitive. I'll look forward to your updates. Best of luck and please take care, Tuck
At my appt. on Monday I was told that there are still bulging discs at L4-5 and L5-S1 plus bone spurs.  Needless to say they are sending me to another surgeon.  Thank you for responding.  Pickle
I have herniations and a bulge at L4-L5 and L5-S1 and experience the pain your feeling as well. Sometimes it will radiate all the way down my left leg.

The pain is from the discs irritating the sciatic nerve.