Pain Management Community
the nail started spliting about a year ago and has got worse very painf...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

the nail started spliting about a year ago and has got worse very painful

my thumb nail has come off and puss bleedig and swelling are present and smells like rotten flesh what could be the problem
Hi zobomb,

First, let me welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are happy that you found this Forum.  I need to be sure that you understand that there are NO Doctors on this Forum.  We are ALL  CP - Chronic Pain - Patients that share our expertise and experiences that we draw from our OWN CP Issues.

I'm VERY sorry to hear of the problem that you are having with your thumb nail.  You MUST go to the Doctor IMMEDIATELY - whether that is YOUR own Doctor or a Walk-In Clinic OR the ER.  You DEFINITELY have a VERY severe infection and YOU need to get medical help IMMEDIATELY!!!  

PLEASE DON'T WAIT because this is a VERY bad infection to be doing this to your thumb and it can spread!!!!

I HOPE that you will update us AFTER you have been to the Doctor TODAY....Sherry
Thanks for the reply sherry, i been to the doctor and no help not sure what to do next.
I know and understand that there are no doctors here and i want to share my pain issues with everybody. the thumb nail is really the least of my worries i have had 2 majior back operations in tne last 5 years now have 10 screws in my lower back and a ruptured (c7) disk in my neck i stay in pain all the time . if u or any body would like to talk iam here.