titration and a double spinal fusion
I have a question that I just don't know the answer to and am in too much pain to really search out the answer.

Can you titrate or cut back on a pain medication while the pain is still in full force or do you need to somehow find the pain generator and hopefully be able to cut the cause of the pain?

I seem to metabolize pain meds quickly which isn't helping anything at this point.  I am seeing someone for pain but this seems to be causing more confusion as they can't figure out exactly what the pain generator it.  It would appear it is going to be linked to the L5 but I'm not sure that is the whole problem.

I had a spinal fusion a few years ago but it was a mis dx and not the cause of the pain.  Now they are talking about perhaps doing a double fusion.   Isn't it more likely that a second surgery will just cause me more pain instead of really helping me?

Had I understood at that time I would have realized the disk o gram, which I stayed awake for, showed that the l5 s1 was not the pain generator as it never hurt when they shot whatever they shoot into the disks.  They did that disk twice.  However, the disk above hurt and the one above that had pressure.  The reason they were so hot to operate on the one disk was that it had collapsed.  I don't care if it collapsed it still didn't hurt.  They said deferred pain.  I woke  up with the same pain.  Even managed to get off all pain meds for about 7 weeks but the pain stayed.  I used neurontin which I developed an allergy to so can no longer use it plus I cannot take NSAID's.

(Long story)  If they now operate on the correct disks isn't this going to caused me worse continued pain or have I been told wrong.  I'm at a loss as to what  way would be the best.  I don't even thing I have the stamina for another surgery.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lizzy