Pain Management Community
treatment of Piriformis Syndrome using ultrasound guiding injection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Does anyone know the name and location of an M.D. in southern CA who does injections the Piriformis muscle using ultrasonic guided injection method? Please let me know? Have been sleeping one 1 side for over 4 years, can only sit for short periods of time, can only drive short distances, have 4 diseases of my Immune system, multiple Dr. appts., lab visits, and a daughter getting married soon!  Need to be able to be active and help our daughter with her wedding and be able to sit at the wedding!  Am so desperate, am a"almost" willling to let my husband, a cardiologist who has NEVER injected a Piriformis muscle, in his life & doesn't want to, try to inject it, the old fashioned way, with a gloved hand, KY jelly, and a syringe full of a caine drug and Cortisone!  am desperate to find an M.D. who knows what he's doing! Wasted 2 1/2 years going to an M.D. Pain Specialist, who did everything under the sun and nothing helped. Then again, he's so busy, he never even examined me!  Thanks.
Hello Laurie,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post. I am so sorry to hear that you have Piriformis Syndrome. I've has a similar condition. I know ho painful it can be.

Unfortunately we do not suggest specific physicians or facilities for the most part.....but if anyone know of a CA facility that performs that procedure I hope they will share their information. I live in WI and do not have any information regarding health providers in your state.

I know that your husband is a cardiologist but does he not have colleagues that could suggest a physician that could treat you? Sounds like you had a PMP that was less than desireable. I am sorry that you did not have a great PMP. There are some out there and it maybe another PMP that sould help you with the injection.

A wedding!! Wow! Congradulations. That will keep you busy and you will need all the energy you can muster. Being as comfortable as you can be is very important!! I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Good Luck and Take Care,
~Tuck
Hi sorry you are having this problem. If you are in Los Angeles, you can Google your condition and will find someone there. They certainly advertise. I havent' had that done. Good luck in your search. I had a bad experience with a PMP too. So, I hope there is a good PMP here in San Diego but haven't found one yet. You can also look on one of those rate a MD and find what people think of the doctors. I have found some of these true to form too.
Good luck with all the celebrations upcoming. I feel bad that I can't even get to a resturant for our 14th wedding anniversary this year due to pain and not wanting to injure myself further. It isn't fun.My husband has a month vacation and we can't go anywhere, bummer. I hope you can do better than I have.
mkh9
So sorry you are experiencing this at such a joyful time for your family. Have you thought of trying some of the large University hospitals in Southern California? I don't know anything about this condition but UCLA or others may be a good place to look at for recommendations for something like this.

I know as soon as I can change my doctors I am going to be searching for top notch doctor's after all that mine have put me through and places like this is where I am going to start looking at.

Good luck! Please let us know how and when you find a doctor and how the treatment goes!