ultram er 200mg and cirossis
my doctor just gave me a prescription for ultram er 200mg and i have cirossis is this ok to take for short period of time about 1 or 2 months please answer was on lortab prior
I took Ultram for a while and getting off of the medication was horrible....I have chills and sweating, restless legs and creepy crawlies...I could not concentrate and my heart was pounding in my chest for 4 days stright...It was the worst...If you can talk to your doctor before taking this medicine...espically the er ultram....It is highly addictive and despite what people say it is hard to get off of.
Not a good idea and the doc doesn't sound like he knows whats up. My doc told me ultram isn't especialy good for the liver. all the best
Read down discussion column to march 9, to  digital monkey   read  few comments.

pattir727
If you read the contraindications on the paper insert that comes with Ultram (all versions of Ultram) its use is contraindicated in cases of people with liver disease.  If I were you, I would find another doctor as this one doesn't seem to know what's what when it comes to what is safe for people with liver disease to use.  Tramadol is a fairly toxic drug anyway, meaning that it has a lot more of a chance of causing adverse reactions in people than many other types of pain meds.  I really can't figure out what his rationale was in prescribing it for you.

Ghilly