unidentified pain
I have been having pain on the inside of the palms of my hands just around the knuckle areas... Usually it starts with me rubbing it and the more i rub it the intense it gets but at the same time offers me relief. I dont have any pain on the top of my hands over the knuckle areas at all. The pain is only localized to my knuckle area and does not spread through the fingers or upper arms. There is no reddness or swelling. I am still able to use my hands when in  this condition without discomfort except for if i have to make a fist or something...The same thing sometimes happens with my feet under and around the ball of my feet and toes. Usually it starts with a weird sensation and then i rub it and the same thing occurs. Now the only thing i do consistantly is crack my knuckles. I have been told this could cause me pain and irritation. I have not had any injuries or anything like that to my hands. This does not occur often. Could the root be my constant rubbing or is it something else.
Hello Lady_t,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry that you are having pain.

I don't know how often you are "rubbing" your hands and feet. If it is an obsessive rubbing it could account for most if not all of your symptoms or it may just be exzaderating them.

By your explanation it sounds like the the "weird sensation" comes first and than you rub. Is that they way it began? Have you consulted a physician? If so what tests have been done?

In my opinion it sounds like a form of peripheral neuropathy. There are many causes of the condition and only a physician could determine the true source. Sometimes warm soaks and wraps can be beneficial. The object is to increase the circulation to the effected areas.

If it is a nerve (not nervous) condition a medication such as Gabapentin could help with the pain and sensations. Please let us know how you are doing. We will look forward to your updates.

Good luck and take care,
Tuck
Hello Lady and I also welcome you.

Tuck offered you some good advise and what I can add is that if it's nerve related, you may try and stretch the fingers when in warm water..this may also help loosen things up and relieve any nerve discomfort you might be having.

If it continues, I would call your Doctor and have it looked at.

Have a nice Thanksgiving..all my best,
Mollyrae