upper arm pain and fingers tingling
a few months ago a pulled my arm sharply back when my kittken nipped at me and gave me a shock, I heard a 'pop' sound, since then my arm is difficult to raise above my head and to place around my back, one day I caught my coat sleeve on a door handle and jolted my arm, it was so painful I thought i would pass out and I was then physically sick! I'm a 49 year old woman whose had children and operations that were not as painful I do not cry easy but I did that day! I went to see a doctor who prescribe an anti inflamitory and when this had no effect after two weeks of taking I returned to my doctor who gave me a steroid injection in my SHOULDER, two more weeks have passed by and the pain still does not seem to be going away or even subsiding, I find it difficult to stretch or lift anything heavy or even pull back the covers when rising on a morning, can someone give my an idea what I seem to have done as Ive lost confidence in my GP
Hello Nicola,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. Please forgive my tardy response. I am sorry to hear bout your shoulder pain. I had a torn rotator cuff once some years ago that was horribly painful. Your pain sounds similar to mine.

Your pain has gone on long enough and in my opinion needs a more thorough investigation. If it were a minor injury you should have seen at least some improvement. I beleive it should have responded to the fairly conservative treatments you have had. Has your PCP done any imaging? If not I would request it.

There a several structures you could have injured. Only a detailed evaluation of the structure will reveal what injuries you may have sustained.  Please return to your PCP and ask that either he look into this in depth or that he refer you to an orthopedist.

Good luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates. Thank you for posting.

Take Care,
Tuck