Pain Management Community
upper leg numbness and bruise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

upper leg numbness and bruise

hi,

I just started noticing a bit of numbness on my right upper leg, on the left side of the leg, where I also noticed a bruise and I have not really bumped into anything.  My lower leg is not numb at all.  I can still feel but it is a bit numb.  What could be the cause?

Thank you,

Soho1
I am not sure it could be a lot of things. When you experience numbness and tingling it could be nerve damage but I would definitely see your Dr to get some test done. All too often we dismiss things like this as not important but it could be and our health is very important. I wish you well and hope you will see your Dr, let us know how it goes and keep us posted. We are always here and will be here for you for advice and support:)
I am sorry you are uncomfortable and a bit puzzeled. If is difficult to "guess" what you may be experiencing. Whe my bil ruptued a disc he had numbness and tingling in the middle of his upper thigh BUT he also had a lot of pain in other areas. So I would expect if this were a disc you would have significant pain in other areas. That doesn't mean ut can't be, but it seems unlikely.

So what is this? It could be a simple bruise that you "forgot" you bumped or did so in your sleep. I would also advise that you follow-up with your physician. It could be other things that have not been mentioned or thought of so if it continues it may be seriuos.

Best of luck to you. If your symptoms become worse I woulld seek immediate medical evaluation. Please keep in touch with us. There are many members here that care about you and will offer encouragment and support.  Take Care, Tuck