Pain Management Community
urine testing at pain clinic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

urine testing at pain clinic

when taking your first urine screen at your initial appointment with the pain clinic do they watch you pee with the door open?please someone tell me. thank you...
Hi Joeyo:

I have heard that you cannot take anything in the bathroom with you. The toilet will have a solution in it for the right temp. of urine.

It shouldn't really matter if you have a clean conscious and have been on the up & up. If you have played be the book, you will have no fears.

Take care,
Molly
if you have nothing to hide than nothing to worry about.  usually you just go in and pee in a cup and give it to them, sometimes they have the solution in the toilet which is what molly is talking about, have not had someone stand there and watch me before, can't imagine why they would.
No Joeyo, they don't observe you as you void. There are so many safeguards in place that they don't need to "watch you."

Peace,
Tuck
I know what you mean Joe, I can't Pee with someone watching me either, even if they make water noices! LOL Best of luck
That's not really true at all, for example an innocent person can fail a polygraph simply because they're nervous about being accused of the crime.

"You shouldn't be worried if you have nothing to hide" is a very bad line of logic to me, it justifies terrible things like government surveillance.
I've been in pain management for 9 months and never had to give a urine sample.  I'm pretty sure you will be able to give your sample in private.