Pain Management Community
was on methdone now on perks for cronc pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

i was on methadone high and low doses...i detoxed myself off the meth...now on perks not doing anything...

since im on low dose of oxycodone but have a tolerance to 10 mgs aday..can i start taking methadone after my next visit with pain management doc..

like how does perks ratio to methadone..i not wanting to ever go over 20 mgs again..was 160 mgs 3 yrs ago..a dockter got me up that high..is no longer a doc..dea got him,...thanks
How many of what strength percs are you taking? I went from 10 norcos to 50 mcs fentynal patches to 4x10mgs of methadone. So maybe taking 2-3 max of 10mgs per day meth. Be conservative starting out since you could die if you take to much up front.

BTW - How did you detox from meth, what was it like, how long did it take, etc?
I'm really not sure of the exact conversion but I do know methadone is a good deal stronger than oxycodone.  
I do believe that it would be possible to take methadone with oxycodone for break-through pain if your doctor prescribes it at your next appt.
One of our Community Leaders posted a medication conversion chart in her journal.  It's handy for getting an idea of the equivalency of different pain meds.  I only warn you that it can be kind of disappointing if you find from the chart that you're on a very low dose compared to what you were previously taking.
I hope you're able to find the dose and med combination that works for you.

Here's the link to Sandee's journal and the medication conversion tool:
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/219828/Medication-conversion-chart-and-much-more?personal_page_id=1060