what are my rights ?????
i have chronic pain and diagnosed with chronic impingement of spinal cord degenerative disc disease and fibromyalgia my gp has been horrible with pain management she refuses to adjust my lortab 7.5 4 daiy for over a year rhuematologist suggested long acting opiods aleternatively i have a contract with my gp she put me on kadian 20mg twice daily and stopped the lortab which really works for me i have built a tolerance she said the dea would rather see someone take 2 pills a day instead of raising me to 10mg lortab the kadian doesnt work and she wont budge what can i do no one wants to take on chronic pain patients. what are my rights when i told her i need a new dr and called to ask for the lortab the script was written for the same dosage and her nurse asked me where they should send my medical records the rhuematologist said no reason to put me on kadian it wasnt even one of the meds he suggested what can i do????
Sounds to me like you need a Pain Managment dr. that your rhuemy suggests. He/she will probably have one in mind that they are used to working with. I am seeing a PM that goes completely against what my spine surgeon has told me. He doesn't want me going to her but I am workers comp and have to go where they tell me. He has composed a letter that hopefully will encourage the WC company to switch me to someone he is used to dealing with. When you get a dr. that is used to another, the continuity of care will be much better. Mt spine surgeon wants me to have surgery and she doesn't. He just sent me there for my med management until they approve my surgey. PM wants the full multidisciplinary plan. I am not opposed to that per say, I just think she should consider what my doc and I have already decided to do.