Pain Management Community
what could the burning pain under ribs and the sharp pain in my midsect...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

what could the burning pain under ribs and the sharp pain in my midsection be?

What could the burning pain undr my rib cage and the sharp stabing pain n my stomache area be???Its making me extremly light headed.I also feel like i can throw up anytime soon...My eyes along with this are blood shot red...
Have you told your primary care doctor about this pain? You don't specify what side the pain is on. I had similar pain and nauseau about 6 months ago (probably a little bit longer than that)..they ran some bloodwork and did an ultrasound. Mine was the gall bladder, more specifically the bile duct that runs from the gall bladder to the liver was blocked. There was nothing they wanted to do for it, and in time it subsided however I still get the pain once in a while. There are many things it "could" be... your liver, gall bladder, kidneys. Contact your primary care doctor so that they can run the proper tests to find out what's wrong. As far as the blood shot eyes, I have no clue.
Good luck and I hope you feel better!!
oh... and added note, also depending on which side the pain is on, your appendix!!! Which can be very serious IF that's what it is. I know appendicitis is accompanied by nausea and/or vomitting. Again, contact your primary care doctor first thing in the morning. If the pain becomes unbearable or IF you start to vomit then get yourself to the Emergency Room.
See your doctor and get a diagnosis, that is really the safest thing to do. Just for your information: appendix pain can occur in a number of different places, although the usual one is the right side bottom quadrant of the abdomen. It has been known to occur in any of the four quadrants of the abdomen.
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am glad that you found us and posted.

Your symptoms sound like epigastric pain which can be caused by several conditions. One of the most common is GERD. For those that have GERD it can be a life altering condition in terms of medication, digestion and food restrictions. Much depends on the severity of the condition. Some ppl have minor symptoms while others require a surgical correction of the esophageal sphincter.    

It is also possible that you have gastritis but there are other possibilities that could be causing your pain. I encourage you to see your PCP. One should not dismiss cardiac pain as many woman do not present with the classic symptoms that males exhibit.

I am far from a diagnostician. I am merely offering some suggestions and my personal opinion. Your answers will come from your PCP. I hope you will let us know how you are doing and keep us updated.

Take care and best of luck to you.
Tuck
I had the exact same problem that seemed to come and go and eventually was consistent.  I take alot of pain meds and I suspect that is why it would seemingly go away at times.  It was my gallbladder.  When they originally did an ultrasound, they deemed it not the problem because there were no stones.  About 2 years later, I had another one done (no stones again) followed by another scan (don't know the name) where they inject you with some stuff (or make you drink,  I don't remember) and do a 20 minute scan where they watch it go thru your digestive system.   My gallbladder was only working at 25% capacity.  Had it removed, pain is gone.