where and how can I get my pain medication back
For a number of years about six to be exact my doctor and I worked with various pain medications form the weakest opids not naarcotics, fentanal, oxycodone hcl etc. After about four years we settled on oxycodone hcl 15 mg tablets. Some of the other medications were to strong and I wasn't looking to get hi I just wanted to control my pain. So I turned down several much stronger medications. In june of 09 my doctor did a urine test on me as usual to see if I was taking the medications correctly along with other non narcotic meds such as heart lung and diabetic meds. For the first time in six years it was determined that I had another narcotic in my system a side from oxycodonne which is called dalota. I said there has to be a mistake a false positive or something because the pain meds that are perscribed for me are the only ones I take. I was told if it happened again my pain medication I needed so much to function would be cut off. In augest of 09 while at a doctors visit I requested a urine test. The doctor reluctantly gave it, On augest 24th 09 I was informed by letter that my last urine test I requested had narcotics in it that were not perscribed for me and that no more narcotics would be written for me but the doctor would help me with anything else. I protested to no luck. I need my pain meds I would have never took something I was not to take. So now my life is as it was before I ha pain meds most of my days are spent in bed unable to carry out my ordanary house work my weight has increased because I can't get around aand I rely heavily on a cain to get up and down. I would go to another doctor to try and get my pain meds restarted but I fear the doctor who cut me off has red flagged my records and I fear I will never get the medication I need again. Does anyone know what I can do?
Samson1,
I would get a new doctor right away. There are some major problems with the urine test and many people have been left with no recourse. I would be up front and honest with your new doctor and explain that you were so outraged at the test results that you requested another test be done. Since you did request the second test it will look much better in your records. These test are not infallible and doctors do realize this.
Look for a pain management doctor in your area and make an appointment. It may take a few appointments to build trust but do not give up and live in pain:)