Pain Management Community
where do i start please read my post

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

where do i start please read my post

Hi, i also had bak cage implant, i had drop foot. Foot is still not the same, i can move it again, but its tingly numb.. sciatic pain, lets see that was on april 1st, 2000..   Everyday is a challenge, i have been denied social sec disability twice, i was so broke, no one too help. I went back to operating heavy equipment. Child support, and cost of living, i lost everything, i even went to college but i was never good at books.  so I only know heavy equipment, back hoes, loaders, skid steers, rollers, sheepsfoot ect ect ect.  So i not only have the jarring, i have more pain. But i have to say the surgery was a good choice.  DONT GET ME wrong i hurt daily, hell im shoveling snow for cash now.  I make good  money 6 or 7 months a year but I earn that cash physically, alot of tears. ive been hurting lately and  I have not been on meds for over 7 years, i just deal with it, but im really hurting aqs of late 8-(   so i did a google tonight on bak cage  i had it on l5-s1  if anyone has advice on what meds, i should ask and who should i go to a pain clinic.  Im not saying i need pills daily, but somedays i cry litterally fricken cant move, but go on with my day because i have no choice..  I was takin oxycotin 20 mg  like i said that was 7 years agao.   I need something just on those days i cant handle the pain, which isnt often but they do come, depends how i sleep and what i do for physical work that day.  anyone have advice, ive been out of the doctor scene,  I HATEW doctors im scared, only go in if its life or death, but my pain has been intolerable as of late.  Any1 with advice on what meds, you are on and what doctor to go to please send me a direct email to  david   at this email addresss.   davidingb2009  at live  dot  com        thanks and good luck to you, if you have a question i try and help im living with l5-s1   had no choice...... Respectively,  David from Green Bay, Wisconsin
Hello David,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum of MedHelp. I am sorry you are in so much pain. If it helps you are not alone.

Because you live in Wisconsin, PM (Pain Management) Clinic and PMP will provide you with treatments such as epidural injections but they do not follow chronic pain patients nor do they prescribe pain medications. You can never begin there. In our state it is the very last choice.

Therefore your best choice would be to find a good primary care physician and begin there. Hopefully they will refer you to a neurosurgeon or a neurologist to have a complete and thorough examination. I understand your fear of physicians but they are the only hope for improvement in your condition or the perscription of pain medications.

Good luck to you. I sincerely hope you will make an appointment with a physician and begin the process to better pain control. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Take Care, Tuck ...from Wisconsin
I responded to this question in your other post:)
Hello David:

Welcome to the pain forum. I too live in Wisconsin and our Pain Management clinics are our regular Physicians. However, my clinic (Group Health) is changing over to only being able to prescribe a certian amount of pain medication at a time. It is a new policy that alot of clinics are converting to. It is in your best interest to find a pain management clinic that only prescribes pain meds.

I know you have said that you will on;y go to the Doctor in a life or death situation but you my friend need to see one soon. You only live once and to spend most of your days in pain is no way to live. Wisconsin winters are very hard and if you make your living with manual labor then you really need to spend that extra cash and seek out a pain management specialist.

I hope you take what I said to heart and seek out help. please take care and good luck.
Mollyrae