Pain Management Community
why or what about withdrawing from opiates?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Ive have been off narcotics long enough, and have had no quality of life. It was onlywhen  taking meds that I was able to get off the couch once again, be social, visit friends and family and join in on holiday functions. Im beginning to wonder why being on narcotics is such a bad thing. 40 years on and off, and while being off, ( was off for 3 years once), I had no quality of life. My life consisted of going to dr after dr, getting pumped up with trigger point, epidurals, lidocain, physical therapies, feeling good one day, then the next 6 feeling awful again, time after time. On a good day, I make plans for the movies, only to feel crummy half way to the drive there, cause the actual time to get ready, used up all my good time. It seems the why's or what's are all mushed into the same to me. Ive been doing this for 30 years and I just want to know why do we have to suffer if there is a med like and opiate to help us have some quality of life. Another friend on here said, people take blood pressure meds to be comfortable, some take insulin to be alive, some take this or that to feel like   a human again, why not pain meds to help us feel like we can be part of the human race? I only ask "why,' is it different for the person who needs to be on pain meds>? Why cant we take something to be more comfortable like every one else with an illness. "WHAT'S" the difference? :)
There's no difference. Many are forced to suffer because of the abusers and the whole narcotics hysteria that's taken over our society. Doctors that are scared to prescribe, so called pain clinics only interested in generating income.

When you've had all the surgeries and the injections and the therapy and the all the other stuff, medication is often ones only chance at leading a tolerable life. Many legitimate pain patients are having to resort to illegal means in order to obtain pain relief. It's just a really sicking situation!
ty  for your contribution to my post. I feel the same way. After all is said and done, and tapering from 45mgs to 9, I am now in horrific pain. I am just trying to reevaluate my situation. Ive been there done that twice before. And after long years on and off meds, I only can contribute to life while on them. I will still continue to cleanse myself, but if I beconm a couch potatoe once again, I have to rethink again.
Agree with your reasoning....i.e. insulin/diabetes...quality of life...it's subjective ....one must do what insures a happy existence.....choose what's best and carry on........all my best to ya!