Pain Management Community
would you like to join a chronic pain management techniques class with ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

would you like to join a chronic pain management techniques class with omhome?

would you like to join an already started pain mangement techniques class with omhome---if so read my first post here ok?
hey i think it might be wise to put all our eggs in one basket at the chronic pain couch so we don't divide the energy. So please let's go there for the class. Stay at this forum for all the wonderful support here.
     Everybody check in and let me know you are tuned in to the class on the Couch--important to me to know who and how many so Pleaae Do at least say "i am here omhome--fire away!!  OK?  Good idea or just leave it like it is?    Omhome
you know if any of you visit addiction place you might let them know about the class. More folks there are in "class" more energy!  omhome
or any of the groups you visit!     Duh.
well it says Pain Management so here are specific Management techniques.
Come to class and post a Hello.  om
When???
now at chronic pain couch---here is an idea of what is going on there
   practice more--especially when you are feeling "ok" and not just during crisis. Deepen the "feeling" of peace as you breath and say peace (if that is your word)---just imagine peace feeling in your body--pretend--make believe you feel it even if you don't.. That "place within" you experienced for a minute or two will grow longer but you Must Practice regularly. Be gentle. Stop when you tire. Like building a muscle. First able to lift 5 lbs and with practice ten and then twenty etc. Same principle. Make the meditations more like play than work. Soon you will be drawn more and more to do it because it feels good inside!! Play with different funny words if ya want to---laugh! Chant  boogy dodo ---or poopie do or ??? Fun.  Then back to your Peace---be creative. NOW you KNOW at least that it can work (not every time yet---but some effect no matter what---better than before and not doing it eh?
more later   just practice--focus---relax--play
Thank you! I do accually do something similar. Not as intense. Never though as it being meditation. Sometimes I grin through it. Sometimes not. But hey,.. at this point, can. Hurt to try and kick it up a notch!

Thank you!
i knew it!!  Now don't kick it too hard kattiee!
And you're right---what can it hurt?   Oh---maybe the "pain ogre"!
My whole class looked forward to and just loved to chant (out loud first and then softer and softer until just inner voice and then let even that fade)
the word   yes yes yes   YES YES YESX yes yes yes  for quite a while---the energy would go thru the roof----for fun see what happens chanting no no no.
And for teens   i know i know i know!  Or whatever whatever whatever!  Try it you guys.    omhome