Pain Management Community
wrist problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

wrist problem

I was at work a couple of days ago and was taking a 5 gallon water cooler out of the truck when i felt what i thought was a small pop in my wrist. at first it hurt but then it stopped almost immediately so i thought nothing of it. the next day i had (still do have) a small knot about the size of a marble on my wrist just under the thumb which doesnt hurt unless i stretch my fingers. any ideas?
Could be a ganglion.  That would be relieved by pounding it with a book.  I wouldn't do it but if you have access to a doctor, they could tell you.  I'm curious, why would you not go to a doctor about something like this?  None of us are doctors.