Pain Management Community
wrist problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

wrist problems

Hi. I have been having wrist problems for about 3 years now. I know I didn't fall on it but I know  that I was sleeping and woke up and my wrist was so swollen that I couldn't even move it. Now my wrist keeps hurting me after I use it a lot and i can't even move it without soo much pain in it. Now both of my wrist are hurting me the same way but my left wrist hurts the most and I really wish someone can help me find out what is wrong with them and im only 17 years old please if you know anything that can help me please answer this question?
  • left wrist pain (1 replies):
    i had wrist surgery in 1993 for a ganglion cyst . i have...[more]
  • wrist pain (3 replies):
    OK i'm not going to lie here, i spend the majority of my...[more]
  • wrist pain (2 replies):
    hello, I have been having wrist pain for about 4 months ...[more]
  • Wrist Pops (12 replies):
    The more I click or type, the tighter my wrist feels and...[more]
  • Really pain ful (2 replies):
    I broke my wrist in October it has mended with a lump bu...[more]
Hi Senior:  I'm really sorry you are in pain.  The first thing you must do is to tell your parents or guardians.  A trip to your doctor is definitely in order for this.  At the least, you need an X Ray.

As for why your wrist is hurting, well, there could be a number of reasons.  Carpal Tunnel comes to mind.  If you're on your computer as much as my 17 yr old is, that could be part of it.  You can try some ice on your wrist and staying away from the computer for a while.  And yes, I know it is your life line.

Bottom line:  Tell your parents and give your wrist a rest for a while.  Please let us know how you're doing.  We're not doctors, but pain patients.  Many of us are parents.
And we do have some smart people here.  But you need a doctor for diagnosis and treatment.

Keep us updated on how you're doing.

Listen to what Sara said.  You need to find a diagnosis.  Everything she said makes perfect sense.