Pancreatic Cancer Community
Any information
About This Community:

This community is a place to find others who share your interest in pancreatic cancer. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with pancreatic cancer patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, chemotherapy, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with pancreatic cancer, prognosis, radiation therapy, research, surgery, treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Any information

Hello. Can anyone tell me about the whipple procedure. What is survival rate? Had anyone had this surgery. Are there any MD's out here that perform this procedure? I am thanking each and all for any info you can provide.  Madlyn
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
330974_tn?1215368760
my friend had the whipple she is 90 and she had it at 86
it was done in santa barbara
it was a hard recovery but she has had many great years no sideeffects
Blank
330974_tn?1215368760
my friend had the whipple she is 90 and she had it at 86
it was done in santa barbara
it was a hard recovery but she has had many great years no sideeffects
Blank
  My husband was unable to have the whipple procedure. He was diagnosed in Feb'13 and on 8/29/13 @5:05 while in the hosp., he passed away peacefully in my arms. Please remember our family in your prayers. Luv you all.  Maddie (mommy52)
Blank
Hi.  The whipple is a very big surgery and lots can go wrong.  My husband went to supposedly one of THE best hospitals for the whipple to remove a well-defined 4.3 cm mass on the head of his pancreas.  

Procedure went very well, but then major complication 3 days out: blood clots in his small intestines.  They reopened him, discovered that small intestines had apparently all died, so removed all of his small intestines. He is now on permanent TPN and will never be able to eat food again for the rest of his life. And he has to go thru chemo next.

So, you think you're doing everything right by fighting insurance to make sure your husband gets the best treatment possible at the best medical center possible, and something like this happens!  

Sincerely wish you all the best!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pancreatic Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank