Is this pancreatitis
I have an elevated lipase test. 300 is the limit mine was 365. I'm very scared of pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis. I have no symptoms at all. I felt great actually.what can cause this elevated lipase? I keep hearing it can be somthing serious and I'm very afraid.i also hear that an ultrasound cannot dect problems with the pancrease and I recently took an ultrasound because of my abnormal bloodwork. Could this just be how my make up is? Or am I doomed to have pancreatitis?as I said before I have never had any symptoms before I took the test at my yearly physical. They referred me to a gastro doc but I'm still extremely concerned to the point that  afraid to eat and constantly paranoid of having the attacks that I hear you get with pancreTitis. Help please!
Trust me you will know if you have pancreatitis. I suffer from chronic being a drinker. The pain is excruciating to the extent that I have to wear fentanyl patches for the pain. If you have no symptoms I'm sure that you don't have it. I suppose until you get symptoms I really wouldn't worry. There is alcoholic pancreatitis ME and I presume non alcoholic YOU. Non alcoholic can be managed unless there's another problem causing these results. Eg liver etc. you may need to get yr liver tested for any potential probs. Other than that I wouldn't worry about it. Abdominal pain excruciating sometimes up to the back and constant sickness were my symptoms.
Good luck