Pancreatic Cancer Community
Pancreas problem?????

This community is a place to find others who share your interest in pancreatic cancer. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with pancreatic cancer patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, chemotherapy, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with pancreatic cancer, prognosis, radiation therapy, research, surgery, treatments

Pancreas problem?????

I had a bout of pancreatitis about a year ago (along with  chronic cholecystitis (gall bladder is now out) a slightly inflammed fatty liver with a cyst in it) and have recently been having a similar abdominal pain between my rib cage and belly button on the right hand side.  It starts off waking my up in the middle of the night with a pain in my back (same location just at the back) and then as the hours progress radiates to the front as well.  I have had a very low grade fever as well as bp of 72/43 and a pulse of 53 today.  I recently had a SHBG test come back as a 23 (don't know if that is relevant or not).  Any ideas if it could be pancreatitis back?
A re-post and copy/paste so I don't have to type it all over again...

I need to bring some awareness to this community regarding pancreatic damage and iron overload disease. There are several reasons a person will develop iron overload...my husband, 57 years old, just found out last month he has the hereditary form of hemochromatosis. From birth he has stored excess iron, and he now has stage 2 peri-portal fibrosis in liver, pancreatic nodules and gall bladder disease. Iron loads onto liver first, heart, then pancreas, and joints.

So, it leads to pancreatic cancer, diabetes. Enlarged pancreas.

In liver, leads to liver cirrhosis, liver cancer, bile duct disease between the liver and gall bladder disease, removal of gall bladder. Stones dislodge from gall bladder and create blockages in bile ducts of liver and pancreas. Pancreatitis. Heart burn and acid reflux disease.

IBS from iron being absorbed by intestines.

Heart failure by iron stored around heart.

Thyroid issues from iron on pituitary gland.

Memory loss and brain fog and neurological disorders from iron loading onto brain.

Iron loaded into joints causes arthritis.

www.irondisorders.org for more info on everything from MS to Alzheimer's and iron connections.

I hope this helps someone as we wish we knew 10 years ago when he started complaining about symptoms to dr.s and no one found anything and no one tested for this in spite of classic symptoms. Most commonly misdiagnosed and rarely diagnosed common genetic disorder in N America.

Please investigate if anything above sounds familiar. At least being informed helps us make informed decisions. Early warning signs are the right time to detect this and prevent disease and organ damage.
Iron over load and my symptomology
I'm scheduled for a cervical ACDF next week. My neurosurgeon said if I didn't do the fusion is be paralyzed . He said it was elective. He placed tons of FEAR into me. I had severe pancreatitus (pancreatitis) in march of 2012.. Now thank God I found your post,I'd like to postpones the ACDF surgery and investigate further the long word you gave for IRON overload as being the culprit for my cervical spondylitis and he suspects I also have AS.
Thank you thank you as I've prayed to God for wisdom and a sign to either go ahead with the surgery or full stop! I felt the neurosurgeon placed fEAR into me and is rushing me to have surgery.!
When in fact I'm a research nut. He did say my surgery was ELECTIVE and not urgent! I want more time to investigate my reasons for my pancreatitis and now the DDD and spondylitis and the AS symptoms.