Pancreatic Cancer Community
This doesnt sound like ibs could it be fatty stool?

This community is a place to find others who share your interest in pancreatic cancer. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with pancreatic cancer patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, chemotherapy, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with pancreatic cancer, prognosis, radiation therapy, research, surgery, treatments

im 34 year old male .ive been to my gastroenterologist and he ordered or performed the necessary tests (blood tests liver and pancreas enzyme tests, colonoscopy, endoscopy with biopsies, ct scan of abdomin (abdomen) and pelvis, gallbladder ultrasound, and hida scan) all normal except for endoscopy which showed mild gastritis and gerd. maybe slight ibs. the thing about the ibs part that throws me is i am very regular. i go once a day in the morning like 98% of the time. im not constipated nor do i have diareah. sometimes my stool floats but then slowly sinks. is it easy to tell the difference between stools that float because of gas and those because of fat? what else is there to have in the form of tests? i feel like ive done it all. i have no history of gastric cancer, not anemic, never had h pylori or polyps in stomach or colon. Also i recently started to put the weight ive lost back on. i assume this is a good sign. I worry about my pancreas.
The Bentyl was an appropriate choice. The question is how much of your symptoms are originating in your GI tract and how much is pure anxiety.
You have done an excellent job relating the evaluation but I still don't understand what your symptoms are other than the occasional floating stool. Can you elaborate? By the way, there is no endoscopic sign for IBS. It is a functional problem.
stomach gurgling, increased belching, slight upper abdominal discomfort that comes and goes a few times thru out the day. Ive always had alot of undigested vegetables in my stool (at least for the last 6 years since i started using ppis (aciphex). lately sometimes my stool floats and then slowly sinks (no grease or oil on surface of water (sometimes tiny food particals). My stool is generally a brown but sometimes greenish brown. And over the last month i have a strong urge to go as soon as i get up. not constipated nor is it ever diarriah. I generally always did go in morning early afternoon, but not as soon as i get up out of bed. Doctor is trying me on bentyl 20mg 4x a day (so far no real big change except seems to make my gerd slightly worse. This all started back in march and i lost 15 lbs within that time. However i recently put about 5-7 lbs back on. I would imagine this is a good sighn. i see a therapist and phsycologist for health anxiety and ocd. I have a fear of cancer and always seem to relate my symptoms to that. Even tho everyone (doctors included) say im healthy. Do you have any suggestions as far as advice or tests. I do talk to my doctors about my fears and they do listen, but as you know i cant just call them on a phone and chat when i have these feelings. Im currently not on any ppi as i thought i should try to change my diet and give my stomach a rest. Acid is important is it not and long term use of ppis could cause damage. sorry so long, just didnt want to leave anything out. Thanks Doctor!
thank you doctor. but as far as the stool goes. does it sound like fat or gas when it floats? like i said there is always alot of food stuffs in my stool (vegetables, nuts)its soft, formed, not bulky and starts to break down once in water. it flushes away easy enough, except for some food particals. even when it does float, not the whole bm floats usually the majority sinks and some floats. it doesnt have a strong odor. and as i said in the last month i started to put the weight i lost back on. To me it sounds like gas but the hypocondriac in me always wonders. i will bring it up at my next apt. just wanted your opinion. Thanks for your time